Monday, June 22, 2009

Ram Dass agrees to be interviewed


Yes, you read that correctly.. I asked him if he would do an interview for my Stroke Recovery DVD and he agreed. You get nothing of what you don't try for, so I decided to write to him. He is the spiritual leader for my generation and the author of "Be Here Now". He had a stroke in 1997 and was the subject of the PBS documentray "Fierce Grace". I am currently reading his book "Still Here: Embracing Aging, Changing, and Dying" to prepare for that interview. I feel he will add a lot to my Stroke Recovery DVD!

For more information on Ram Dass go here RamDass.org
Click it, it's a hyperlink.

To purchase "Still Here" go here Still Here
Click it, it's a hyperlink.

For more information on "Fierce Grace" go here Fierce Grace
Click it, it's a hyperlink.

To purchase "Fierce Grace" go here Fierce Grace
Click it, it's a hyperlink.

Here's a search of all his work Ram Dass
Click it, it's a hyperlink.

To see a clip from "Fierce Grace" go here Fierce Grace clip
Click it, it's a hyperlink.



Here's my letter to him.

Ram Dass,

I am a video producer who, after having a hemorrhagic stroke on April 4, 2008, discovered the gap that exists in stroke recovery once you leave the rehab hospital. So, I decided to try to bridge some of this gap by creating a DVD on stroke recovery. TriState Stroke Association is going to apply for a grant from the Centers for Disease Control to pay for the video production. If that does not come through, I will figure out how to raise the money or pay for it myself.

Shortly after my stroke, my daughter bought me a copy of "Fierce Grace" and I first watched it while I was still in a rehab hospital. I have watched it several more times since then and found a lot of wisdom and truth in it. I would like to interview you for this project, if you are willing. I would like to talk about the importance of attitude in stroke recovery, some of your experiences, and about making sense out of some of the things that happen to us in life. I'm sure there are other areas of conversation that would come up in the interview. I am also more than open to any ideas you might have.

I know you are a busy person, but I also know that you have been impacted by stroke and probably would like to impart some wisdom to others on a stroke recovery journey similar to yours and mine. Proceeds from the video would support stroke recovery and prevention. I've attached my proposal (and pasted in this email), a quote on attitude, and a few pictures that tell the story of my recovery. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Ralph Preston


Here is his reply.

Yes, I am interested in interviewing for your DVD.
Namaste,
Ram Dass

No comments:

Post a Comment