Tuesday, December 1, 2009

2009 North Carolina Stroke Association's Cycle for Life


The start, with Robin Jones of Mission Neurology in Asheville on the right in the light blue shirt. She had never ridden 24 miles and made it.



I had not ridden 24 miles in more than 10 years, and not since my stroke, but I knew I could do it.


On a beautiful fall day the North Carolina Stroke Association held their 2009 Cycle for Life at Hanover Vineyards in Yadkinville, NC. I rode the 24 miles in about an hour and a half, which is about 16 miles per hour. I was happy with that.

My brother Glenn started the You Go Ralph Preston Fund, and since he donated enough to be a sponsor, it was on the back of all the T-shirts. It was kind of strange seeing my name on all the T-shirts. Thanks Glenn! You got me good.

Special thanks to all my family and friends. We raised $1,700 at last count!

Dan & Judy McConnell
Harvey & Janice Fouts
Ronnie & Judith Neumann
Denny & Kathy Hammack
Beth & Eric Moberg
Dick & Gill Heywood
Margaret & Al Ramsey
Russ & Robin Langley
Merritt & Lucille Fouts
Niek & Janis Bergraat
Bob & MaryBelle Wells
Helen Thomas
Rick & Jeanne Falknor
Pat Mercadante
John & Jean Crose
Forest & Jewel Tindall
Kathy Fannin
Glenn Preston
Barbara McRae
Rick & Lita Hinson
Bill Fouts
John & Marta Thomas
Pratiba & Yogi Kakad
Bob & Nancy Tolles
Susan Johnson
Peter Denning
Johnny & Mary Jeff Pearce
Fred Greaves, Jr.
Kate Waterfall
Charlie & Laura Vargas

Here's more on the tour (will make it a hyperlink soon)
http://www.ncstroke.org/biketour2009.html

No comments:

Post a Comment